Tilapia Foil Packets on the Grill
October 15, 2012
When it comes to grilling fish, it doesn’t get much easier or more flavorful than cooking in a foil packet. Here’s Larry Gaian of TheBBQGrail.com with his foil packet tilapia recipe to get you started and feel free to experiment with other types of fish, spices and vegetables.
- 3 tilapia filets
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat grill to medium hot heat.
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap each filet.
- In a small bowl combine shallots and garlic
- Place filet in the middle of the foil sheet and spoon two teaspoons of the shallot garlic mixture and two tablespoons of the diced tomatoes on the top of each filet.
- Sprinkle a little thyme, salt and pepper over the top of the tomatoes.
- Fold the top of the foil up around the filets. Fold ends up to make an air tight packet.
- Place foil packets on grill and cook until done. About 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE GUYS,I DO A CLOSE VERSION MYSELF,ALOT OF THINGS ARE GREAT DONE IN FOIL PACKETS,LIKE TO LET GUEST ADD THIER OWN INGREDIENTS,TO THIER PACKET \MEAL.................BBQDAVE