KINGSFORD SUMMER SOLSTICE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
ELIGIBILITY: OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER.
- HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 5, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 am PT on June 21, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, (1) click on any link advertising the sweepstakes or (2) visit www.grilling.com, click on the link “Summer Solstice Sweepstakes”, and follow the onscreen instructions to register (only required on first visit) and enter. During the Sweepstakes Period there will be three separate Weekly Entry Periods as follows: Weekly Entry Period 1: 12:00:00 pm PT on June 5, 2013 to 11:59:59 pm PT on June 11, 2013; Weekly Entry Period 2: 12:00:00 am PT on June 12, 2013 to 11:59:59 pm PT on June 18, 2013; Weekly Entry Period 3: 12:00:00 am PT on June 19, 2013 to 11:59:59 am PT on June 21, 2013. A photo upload to the Kingsford Facebook Fan Page is not required to enter the sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Limit one entry per email address/person per Weekly Entry Period. If more than one entry is received from the same email address/person per week, all entries received from that email address/person will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means will be void.
A Summer Solstice Grillfest Planning Kit (including a coupon) will be emailed to the first 50,000 entrants when they complete their first entry into the sweepstakes. The Summer Solstice Grillfest Planning Kit (including coupon) includes recipes, Grilling Tips, and a $1.00 off coupon that may be redeemed for Kingsford® Charcoal. Coupon must be redeemed by August 21, 2013. Limit one Summer Solstice Grillfest Planning Kit (including coupon) per email address/person, while supplies last.
A Summer Solstice Grillfest Planning Kit (excluding a coupon) will be emailed to all other entrants (after the first 50,000) when they complete their first entry into the sweepstakes. The Summer Solstice Grillfest Planning Kit (excluding coupon) includes recipes and Grilling Tips.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Promotions.com, LLC (“Judges”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related, who are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: First Prize winners will be selected in weekly random drawings beginning on or about June 10, 2013 from among all eligible entries received for the prior Weekly Entry period. Odds of winning any weekly drawing depends upon number of eligible entries received for each weekly drawing. Non-winning entries from each weekly drawing are not eligible for subsequent weekly drawings. Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 24, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize drawing depend upon number of eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Judges, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by mail and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. Weekly prizes will be shipped to winner following each drawing. Failure to claim the prizes as instructed, return of any required documents within the specified time period, the return of any prizes/prize notifications as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner in a reasonable time period, or non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize: Backyard Patio Makeover consisting of a Pit Barrel Cooker, a year’s supply of Kingsford Charcoal awarded as 7 coupons each redeemable for a 4.2 lb. or 8.3lb. bag of Kingsford Charcoal, and a $1,500 Visa card that winner may use to purchase a 3 Piece Grilling Tools set, Patio Table, 4 Patio Chairs, Umbrella, and Cooler. ARV: $1,817.93. Fifteen (15) First Prizes (5/week): Week 1: 22.5” Kettle Grill and Kingsford Charcoal awarded as a coupon redeemable for a 4.2 lb or 8.3 lb bag of Kingsford Charcoal. ARV: $47. Week 2: Seafood Grilling Kit and Kingsford Charcoal awarded as a coupon redeemable for a 4.2 lb or 8.3 lb bag of Kingsford Charcoal. ARV: $44. Week 3: Chicken Grilling Kit, Kingsford Charcoal awarded as a coupon redeemable for a 4.2 lb or 8.3 lb bag of Kingsford Charcoal, and a coupon redeemable for a free 16 oz. bottle of KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce. ARV: $42. ARV of all prizes: $2,257. Except as noted for the Grand Prize, no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners for Weekly Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) weekly prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the sweepstakes or use or acceptance of a prize. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to have his/her name and entry (including recipe and photograph if applicable) used for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees’ to use winners’ names, likenesses, (and biographical information) for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, incomplete, undeliverable, damaged, stolen, misdirected, illegible or delayed entries or mail; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical or human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with this sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, in the Judges' opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or technical difficulties compromise the integrity, security or proper play of the sweepstakes, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the sweepstakes, at the Judges’ sole discretion. If terminated, Judges may, at their discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or who disrupts the administration of this sweepstakes, who intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor representative or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the name appearing on the online entry form.
- CONDITIONS AND LIMITS OF LIABILITY: As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 3 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a Court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Alameda, State of California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering this sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees, or any other costs; and (4) participant shall be bound by these Official Rules.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For names of the winners, available after July 24 , 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Kingsford Summer Solstice Sweepstakes – Winners List, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after August 14, 2013 will not be honored
SPONSOR: The Kingsford Products Company, LLC, 1221 Broadway Oakland, CA 94612.