Sausage Shorties with Pepper Bacon Ranch Dipping Sauce
February 8, 2013
Dubbed Sausage Shorties, these cheese stuffed sausage bites are a fan favorite around my house. With only five ingredients total including the bacon ranch dipping sauce, they couldn’t be simpler to make but they sure are packed with flavor!
- 1 lb package of regular breakfast sausage
- 1 individually wrapped stick of pepper jack cheese (approx. 8 ounces) cut into eight strips
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite dry rub seasoning
- ¾ cup bacon ranch dipping sauce (recipe follows)
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Divide sausage in to 8 2-ounce portions. Cover one strip of cheese with a single portion of sausage and roll into an oval shape making sure the cheese is fully encased (editor’s note: I like to pinch each end so they look like mini footballs).
Bacon Ranch Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
2 slices thick cut pepper bacon, pre-cooked and blended until finely ground
Mix both ingredients well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Clint Cantwell, Grilling.com Editor