KINGSFORD ONE BITE CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 13, 2013 and ends at 11:59 am PT on April 15, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.grilling.com, click on the icon for the “Kingsford® One Bite Challenge Sweepstakes” and follow the onscreen instructions to create an account (if you haven’t already), register for the sweepstakes (only required on first visit) and tell us if you had only 5 ingredients for a recipe appropriate for grilling what would they be and what would you call a recipe you would make using these five ingredients. Entry must include a list of five (5) edible ingredients and a recipe name for sweepstakes entry to be eligible. No brand names can be included in the ingredient list or recipe name. Entries will not be judged, but only entries with a list of five (5) edible ingredients and a recipe name will be accepted. To receive a bonus entry, submit a photograph of some or all of your ingredients or food cooked using some/all of your ingredients. No brand names can be included in the photograph. Mail-in Entry: To receive two entries without submitting a list of ingredients and recipe name or a photo, handprint on a 3” x 5” paper your name, street address, city, state, zip, daytime number and mail to: Kingsford® One Bite Challenge, P.O. Box 614, Elmhurst, IL 60126. No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Limit one entry per stamped envelope. Entries must be postmarked by April 15, 2013 and received by April 20, 2013.
If a photograph is submitted it must adhere to the Entry Guidelines below and must be in one of the following file formats: JPG or GIF and must not exceed 8MB in file size, By submitting a photograph, entrant agrees that his/her photograph may be featured on the website and/or in advertising related to the sweepstakes, but any such feature has no bearing on entrant’s chance to win.
ENTRY GUIDELINES: Entry cannot: (a) include any content deemed offensive by the review panel; (b) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity (c) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) contain or reference trademarks, logos (except Sponsor’s) or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product (except Sponsor’s) of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (f) contain copyrighted or licensed materials owned by others without permission including branded product placement, branded logos, use of branded content in the photograph. By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that: (a) it has not been previously published; (b) it has not received previous awards; (c) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (d) the other participants depicted in the Entry, if any, or their parents/legal guardians if participants are minors, have given written consent to its submission into the sweepstakes and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; and (d) publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting and posting in social media, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the sweepstakes for any reason will be disqualified from the sweepstakes.
Entries will be reviewed within forty eight (48) business hours of submission and if entry (and photograph if applicable) do not meet the entry requirements you will be notified by email and you may resubmit a new entry that same week, time permitting (per the weekly schedule detailed below).
Limit up to two entries (including bonus entry) per email address/person per week, regardless of the method of entry. For purposes of this sweepstakes, the weeks of the promotion are defined as follows:
|Weeks during the Sweepstakes:||Start and end dates/times for each week:|
|Week1||12:00 pm PT on 3/13/13 to 11:59 am PT on 3/20/13|
|Week 2||12:00 pm PT on 3/20/13 to 11:59 am PT on 3/27/13|
|Week 3||12:00 pm PT on 3/27/13 to 11:59 am PT on 4/3/13|
|Week 4||12:00 pm PT on 4/3/13 to 11:59 am PT on 4/10/13|
|Week 5||12:00 pm PT on 4/10/13 to 11:59 am PT on 4/15/13|
If more than two entries are received from the same email address/person per week, all entries received from that email address/person will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means will be void.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Promotions.com, LLC (“Judges”), Current, Discovery Communication, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related, who are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be selected in random drawing on or about April 22, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Judges, whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by mail and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within three (3) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest must also timely return a Liability/Publicity Release. Failure to claim the prize as instructed, return the documents within the specified time period, the return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner in a reasonable time period, or non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting.
4. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for winner and one guest to Memphis, TN to watch the Memphis in May BBQ Grilling Competition from May 16, 2013 to May 18, 2013. Trip consists of roundtrip coach class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s residence to Memphis; 5 days/4 nights hotel accommodations (one room); roundtrip ground transportation between the airport/hotel and hotel/competition; opportunity for winner and guest to receive grilling tutorials from Chris Lilly and/or Melissa Cookston while on the trip and $1,000 in spending money. ARV: $5,000. Twenty (20) First Prizes: Grilling gift pack to include: Kingsford® 30” barrell grill, grilling utensils, Kingsford® Complete Grilling Cookbook or Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint by Chris Lilly cookbook, apron, t-shirt (adult large), hat, and one coupon redeemable for one free 18oz. bottle of KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce- up to a value of $3. ARV: $250. ARV of all prizes: $10,000. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners. Actual value of trip prize will depend on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner must be available to travel on May 15, 2013 to May 19, 2013 or the trip will be automatically be forfeited an awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. All travel accommodations and arrangements at Sponsor’s discretion. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together.
5. GENERAL RULES: By entering sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the sweepstakes or use or acceptance of a prize. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to have his/her name and entry (including recipe and photograph if applicable) used for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees’ to use winners’ names, likenesses, submitted entry (including video) (and biographical information) for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, incomplete, undeliverable, damaged, stolen, misdirected, illegible or delayed entries; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical or human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with this sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, in the Judges’ opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or technical difficulties compromise the integrity, security or proper play of the sweepstakes, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the sweepstakes, at the Judges’ sole discretion. If terminated, Judges may, at their discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or who disrupts the administration of this sweepstakes, who intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor representative or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the name appearing on the online entry form.
6. CONDITIONS AND LIMITS OF LIABILITY: As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 3 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a Court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Alameda, State of California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering this sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees, or any other costs; and (4) participant shall be bound by these Official Rules.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For names of the winners, available after May 15 , 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Kingsford One Bite Sweepstakes – Winners List, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after June 14, 2013 will not be honored.
SPONSOR: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612.