Grilled Peach Ice Cream Print this recipe
Cook time: 1 hour Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 pound peaches halved, pitted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grill peach halves over medium high heat cut side down for approximately 20 minutes until slightly charred and softened.
- Remove from heat, cool, and remove skin.
- Chop peaches roughly and add to a medium sauce pan along with heavy cream, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and honey.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, remove from heat and add in egg yolks while stirring briskly to avoid curdling.
- Add mixture to a blender and beat until peaches are completely broken down.
- Chill for one hour then add mixture to an electric ice cream maker and prepare according to instructions.
- Clint Cantwell