Grilled "Pumpkin" Pie Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 6.5 oz dry pizza crust mix
- 14 ounces grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni slices
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper core and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 okra pod or slice of green bell pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat placing a pizza stone in the center of the grill grate.
- Prepare pizza dough according to instructions on the package.
- Once dough has been rolled out on a floured pizza pan or pizza peel add a thin layer of sauce, a layer of pepperoni, and cheese.
- Use orange bell pepper slices to create ridges in the “pumpkin” pie.
- Add additional pepperoni to create the Jack ‘o Lantern face and the okra or green bell pepper slice to create the pumpkin stem.
- Place pizza on the pre-heated pizza stone and cook 7-10 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese has completely melted.
- Remove, slice and serve.
- Clint Cantwell