Grilled Cactus Salsa Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 cactus paddles needles removed and cleaned
- 1 lime halved
- 3 Mexican green onions
- 1 large poblano pepper stem and seeds removed
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Place cactus, lime halves, green onions and poblano on the grate and allow to cook until lightly charred.
- Remove and roughly chop the cactus paddles, onions, and poblano.
- In a medium serving bowl, mix together cactus pieces, tomato, poblano, onion, juice from the lime, cilantro, agave syrup, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Clint Cantwell