Italian Stuffed Portobellos Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes minutes Prep time: 30 minutes minutes
- 1 bag of 6-cheese Italian-style shredded cheese
- 1 jar of fire-roasted tomato garlic sauce
- 1/3 package of hot pork sausages
- 2 jars of sweet roasted sliced peppers
- 8 Portobello mushrooms
- Create a two-zone fire for indirect grilling using Kingsford® charcoal.
- While the grill preheats, clean the mushrooms with damp paper towel, then pull out the stems and gills of each cap.
- Remove casing from the sausage and cook in a frying pan or dutch oven on the grill over direct heat, making sure it is finely crumbled. When browned, remove from heat and set aside. When slightly cooled, add sauce and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Poke holes in the mushroom caps and grill over the indirect heat for 10 minutes on each side.
- Fill each mushroom cap with sauce mixture, add a few roasted red peppers to each and sprinkle a light layer of cheese on top. Grill cheese side up for 5 minutes, then move to indirect heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Recipe created by the Lucky's Q competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational.