Grilled Jellyfish Sandwich Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes minutes Prep time: 35 minutes minutes
- 1 bag Shore Lunch® Cajun Style Fish Batter Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large filets of walleye
- 4 tablespoons sour cherry jam, divided
- 6 pre-sliced English Muffins
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat using Kingsford® charcoal.
- Meanwhile, cut out a 1 1/4-inch circle from each pre-sliced English Muffin to create 12 muffin rounds. Cut out 1-inch circles from each fish from each fish filet.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over the grill. Remove from heat. Let sit, then pour the clarified butter into a small bowl. Keep the butter solids in the saucepan.
- Put 1/4 bag of Shore Lunch® Cajun Style Fish Batter Mix into a Glad® Food Storage Zipper Quart bag.
- Put 4 fish medallions into bag and shake to coat evenly. Remove from bag and repeat with the other fish medallions.
- Using a basting brush, lightly coat each muffin round on one side with butter solids. In a frying pan on the grill, toast the butter side of bread for 30-45 seconds. Flip and toast other side for 20 seconds. Remove from grill and set aside on a plate.
- Add the clarified butter in the same pan, heat for 1 minute, then add fish medallions to cook. Cook each side for 1-2 minutes, or until crispy. Remove fish from pan.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon of sour cherry jam on butter toasted side of muffin circles. Place a piece of fish on the bread, add another small amount of jam, then top with another piece of muffin.
- Recipe created by the Shiggin' & Grinnin' competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational