Steak de Burgo Print this recipe
Cook time: 13 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- ½ ounce Sauternes wine
- ½ tablespoon Italian Herb mix
- 2 4½ ounce beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces half and half
- Preheat the grill for direct cooking using Kingsford® charcoal.
- Using a 6-inch cast iron skillet, cook steaks over medium heat until they reach desired doneness. Total cook time is approximately 7-9 minutes for 3/4-inch steaks and 10-13 minutes for 1-inch steaks.
- While the steaks are cooking, combine herbs, butter, half and half and wine in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. When steaks are done, pour butter mixture over the meat and serve immediately.
- Recipe created by the Smokers Purgatory competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational.