Tiger Steak, Motley Que’d Print this recipe
Cook time: 20-25 minutes minutes Prep time: 12 minutes minutes
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 2-3 1-inch marbled prime filets, trimmed
- sour cream
- tiger sauce
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Preheat the grill to high heat using Kingsford® charcoal.
- While grill preheats, shred potatoes into a medium bowl and season to taste with spice mixture.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with the spice mixture as well.
- Warm a griddle on the grill, then spread the seasoning mixture onto the hot griddle in a flat layer and cook until crispy and browned on both sides, about 5-8 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cut into 2 1/2-inch croustades.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 5-7 minutes total for medium rare. Flipping once, remove from heat and let rest, then cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- To assemble, add a dollop of sour cream to each potato croustade, place steak on top and drizzle with tiger sauce.
- Recipe created by the Motley Que Crew Competition Barbecue Team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford Invitational.