Smoked Sweet Tea Margarita Pops Print this recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 cdan (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, cut into round slices
- 1 orange, cut into round slices
- 1-1/4 cups tequila
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 cups water
- 8 popsicle molds
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Using Kingsford® charcoal set up a two-zone fire on the grill by situating the charcoal on one side and leaving the other side void. Add Kingsford® Wood Chips and preheat grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the grill preheats, combine the water, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and molasses in a medium pot. Place the pot on the grill, uncovered, over indirect heat and close the grill lid. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the water temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Remove the pot from the grill, place the tea bag into the hot sugar water and let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the teabag and set aside.
- Pour the remaining granulated sugar on a plate. Coat each slice of fruit with sugar, then grill over direct heat for 2 minutes on each side or until the sugar caramelizes. Let the grilled fruit cool, then remove the rind. Muddle the grilled fruit with a hand-held muddler. If you don’t have a muddler, crush fruit with a wooden spoon.
- In a medium pitcher combine the muddled fruit, tequila, bourbon, frozen lemonade, and lime juice, then add the sweet tea mixture and mix well. Pour mixture into popsicle molds, affix popsicle sticks and place in the freezer until frozen.