Grilled Peach Mojito With Caramelized Cane Skewer Print this recipe
Cook time: 7 min minutes Prep time: 15 min minutes
- 1/4 cup cane syrup
- 2 cups ice
- 2 limes, cut into 1/4 wheels
- 2 peaches, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 32 mint leaves
- 4 wheels lime, cut in half
- 4 sugar cane skewers
- 5 cups ginger ale
- 8 ounces light rum
- Build a charcoal fire using Kingsford® charcoal for direct grilling and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the grill is preheating, place the peach quarters and lime wheels in a small bowl and add the cane syrup, mix well. Pour the granulated sugar on a plate and remove the fruit from the syrup. Place the fruit on the plate and turn to coat all sides. Then, roll the sugar cane skewers through the sugar. Immediately place the fruit and cane skewers over direct heat and grill for 1 minute on each side, or until the sugar caramelizes. Remove the fruit and skewers from the grill and set aside.
- To prepare the cocktails, add 7-8 mint leaves, 3-4 tablespoons of grilled peach and 2 lime wheel halves to each glass. With a hand held muddler, muddle the grilled fruit and mint leaves. Once muddled, add 2 ounces of light rum to each glass and fill each glass with ice and ginger ale (approximately 1 1/4 cup). Stir and serve each glass garnished with mint leaves, a grilled lime wheel and caramelized cane skewer.