Grilled Potato Salad Print this recipe
Cook time: 5 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 yellow onions
- 5 pounds redskin potatoes
- 8 cloves garlic
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Blanch redskin potatoes. To blanch potatoes, place potatoes in boiling, unsalted water for 5 minutes. Remove potatoes from boiling water and chill them in ice water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook bacon cubes and garlic in a skillet until bacon is crispy and the garlic has browned. Remove the bacon and garlic with a slotted spoon, put into a bowl and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Cut the onions into thick slices and cut the cooked potatoes into wedges. Toss the onions and potatoes with the bacon fat. Place the onions and potatoes on the hot side of the grill and cook until nicely browned, turning frequently, about 3-5 minutes per side. Place in mixing bowl.
- Stir together the thyme, mustard, vinegar, olive oil and honey in separate bowl and pour over grilled potatoes and onions. Add the reserved bacon and garlic, and the scallions. Stir and season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Recipe created by Andrew Smith of Atkins Park in Atlanta on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©