Cherry Cola Chili Smoked Ribeye Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 1 hour
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Cherry Coca-Cola®
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl, with a whisk, until blended.
- Rub each of the steaks liberally with the marinade and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature, or chill covered for up to 4 hours. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Grill the steaks for 5-7 minutes over medium heat on each side or until an internal temperature of 140 degrees F is reached for medium rare.
- Grill each of the lime halves for 5 minutes.
- Let the steaks rest covered for a few minutes. Squeeze the grilled lime juice over each steak and serve.
- Recipe created by David Larkworthy of 5 Seasons in Atlanta on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©