Avocado Mashed Potatoes Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ lime
- ½ stick butter
- 1 ¼ pounds honey gold potatoes, washed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Cut the potatoes in half and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove potatoes from aluminum foil.
- Place cooked potatoes and fresh, unpeeled avocados over medium heat on the grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes turning frequently for even cooking.
- Place the lime on the grill, cut side down, cooking for 3-5 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Remove potatoes, avocados and lime from grill. Place potatoes in a bowl.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed and spoon out flesh into bowl with potatoes. Squeeze the grilled lime over avocados and potatoes.
- Mash avocados and potatoes with spoon, fork or hand mixer. Add remaining liquids, butter, salt and pepper. Mix together and serve.
- Recipe created by David Larkworthy of 5 Seasons in Atlanta on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©