Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Chipotle Ranch Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 lime
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 4 ears corn on the cob, with husks
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using a cheese grater or lime zester, finely grate zest from lime until you have enough zest for ¼ teaspoon. Reserve lime.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime zest and Chipotle Adobo in food processor. Puree until uniform consistency.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® Charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Peel back the husk of the corn without removing the husk, remove silks and rewrap the corn with husks. Soak re-wrapped corn in cold water for 20 minutes. Remove corn from water and shake off excess water.
- Grill over medium fire for 20 minutes, turning 4 times during the cooking process.
- While corn is grilling, cut lime in half and place on grill outside down and cook over medium heat until nicely caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- Peel husks back from corn, brush liberally with chipotle mayonnaise and sprinkle liberally with Cotija cheese. Squeeze grilled lime over corn, grind fresh black pepper over each piece and serve.
- Recipe created by Chef Willy Thomas of Park Café in Nashville on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.