Coffee Rubbed Steak with Grilled Onion and Bleu Cheese Dressing Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 6 1/4 hours
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces bleu cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup Ancho chile powder
- ¼ cup finely ground espresso beans
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large, vine ripe tomatoes
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium NY Strip Steaks
- 4 cups arugula or favorite lettuce
- Mix all ingredients for dry rub and rub steaks with one tablespoon of dry rub on each side for steak and let sit in refrigerator for 6 hours before grilling. Reserve some dry rub for seasoning onions.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil right before grilling. Grill over high heat 3-4 minutes, each side. Let rest for five minutes before serving.
- While steaks are grilling, slice two ¼-inch thick slices of yellow onion. Season with sprinkle of dry rub and drizzle with olive oil. Grill until nicely caramelized for 3-4 minutes, each side.
- Remove onions from grill and cut into small dice, reserve for dressing. Whisk all dressing ingredients together and add grilled, diced onions. Drizzle over grilled steak.
- Slice tomatoes. Toss with lettuce greens and remainder of dressing. Plate salad mixture and place steak on top.
- Recipe created by Chef Willy Thomas of Park Café in Nashville on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.