Grilled T-bone Steak with Lemon, Thyme and Olive Oil Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 16-ounce Walmart Choice Premium T- bone Steaks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Gently coat both sides of the steaks with the grape seed oil, so the meat does not stick to the grill.
- Sprinkle salt and cracked pepper on both sides of the steaks.
- Grill the steaks over hot coals to your desired temperature.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 3 minutes. T-bones are usually thinner and won't need as much relaxing time.
- While hot and resting sprinkle with thyme leaves over both steaks.
- Stir oil mixture and gently spoon oil mixture over the steaks.
- Recipe created by Chef Bob Waggoner of Watermark Restaurant in Nashville on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.