Grilled Mixed Vegetable Salad Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- * If fresh tarragon is unavailable substitute 2 teaspoons of dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hard cheese, grated (e.g. Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano) (optional)
- 2 bunches of asparagus, bottoms trimmed off
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 20 small fingerling potatoes, halved
- 3 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium or large portabella mushroom caps, stems removed and cleaned
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon*
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a large bowl combine marinade ingredients. Add vegetables and toss until well coated.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the vegetables have softened and grill marks are present. Remove from heat.
- Serve grilled vegetables on a platter. Top with grated cheese, if desired.
- Recipe created by Chef David Rook of Copia Restaurant and Wine Bar in St. Louis on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.