Grilled Mixed Vegetable Salad Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- * If fresh tarragon is unavailable,substitute 2 teaspoons of dried tarragon
- ¼ cup your favorite hard cheese grated,(e.g. Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano),(optional)
- 2 bunches asparagus bottoms trimmed off
- 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 yellow squash sliced
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 20 small fingerling potatoes halved
- 3 large sweet onions peeled,sliced
- 4 medium,or large portabella mushroom caps,stems removed,cleaned
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon *
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a large bowl combine marinade ingredients. Add vegetables and toss until well coated.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the vegetables have softened and grill marks are present. Remove from heat.
- Serve grilled vegetables on a platter. Top with grated cheese, if desired.
- Recipe created by Chef David Rook of Copia Restaurant and Wine Bar in St. Louis on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.