Grilled Vegetables with Fresh Herbs Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 yellow squash cut into fourths
- 2 red peppers
- 2 sweet onions cored,peeled
- 2 tomatoes cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 zucchini cut into fourths
- chopped basil to taste
- chopped parsley to taste
- chopped rosemary to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Place each onion in a foil pouch and add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Place on grill.
- Rub each pepper with olive oil. Coat the zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes with olive oil, season with kosher salt and ground pepper. Place vegetables on the grill, grill on each side, until done.
- Remove vegetables and foil pouches from grill, slice onions into quarters.
- To serve, combine vegetables and season with herbs, Kosher salt, ground pepper, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Recipe created by Louis Rook III of Annie Gunn’s in Chesterfield, Mo. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.