Grilled New York Strip Steak with Ginger Chimichurri Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 5 hours
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 12-ounce can Coca-Cola®
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium New York Strip Steaks
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor, pulse until the mixture is blended.
- In a gallon-sized GLAD® storage bag, pour the marinade over the steaks. Marinate for 3-5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add Ginger Chimichurri ingredients into a food processor, pulse until mixture is coarsely mixed.
- Remove steaks from marinade and set out until the steaks reach room temperature. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Cook steaks until desired doneness, remove from grill.
- If you choose to carve the steak, allow the steak to rest for 15 minutes, this will ensure very minimal moisture loss.
- To serve, drizzle the steak with Chimichurri and finish with left over meat juices from resting and carving.
- Recipe created by Louis Rook III of Annie Gunn’s in Chesterfield, Mo. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.