Curry-Glazed Grilled New York Strip Steak with Stir-Fried Noodles Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 16-ounce (or 2 8-ounce) Walmart Choice Premium New York Strip Steak
- Chopped cilantro, as needed
- Chopped roasted peanuts, as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
stir fried noodles
- 1 ounce bean sprouts
- 1 ounce spinach
- 2 ounces basting sauce (from above)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces udon noodles, blanched
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coca cola
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 Thai basil leaves
- I tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until the briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Combine the basting sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Season the steak generously with salt and pepper and grill over medium heat for 6 minutes on one side, basting frequently with the sauce. Flip the steak and cook for another 6 minutes to achieve a medium temperature, basting frequently. Reserve some basting sauce for the noodles.
- While the steak is grilling, bring a wok or frying pan to a high temperature and add oil. Add remaining ingredients, stirring continuously until heated through. Place the stir-fried noodles on a platter.
- Slice the steak and place on top of noodles, drizzle with a little more basting sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
- Recipe created by Chef Rodman Shields of Nick & Sam’s in Dallas on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.