Grilled Asparagus with Chili Oil Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 4 1/4 hours
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and peeled, if needed
- chili oil to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 stalk lemongrass minced, (optional)
- 1 Thai red chili minced
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes (depending on size). Remove and shock in ice water to stop cooking.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice from 1/2 of a lime into a gallon-size GLAD® storage bag. Reserve the other half of the lime to use as a garnish later. Add remaining marinade ingredients to the bag, seal and shake. Add cooled asparagus, reseal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until the briquets are consistently ashed over.
- When grill is medium hot, remove asparagus from marinade, reserving liquid. Place asparagus on grill and baste frequently with the marinade. Grill until desired char or grill marks are acquired.
- Remove asparagus from grill and serve immediately with a drizzle of chili oil and a lime wedge.
- Recipe created by Chef Rodman Shields of Nick & Sam’s in Dallas on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.