Grilled Filet Mignon with Smoky Spice Rub Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
smoky spice rub
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 6-ounce Walmart Choice Premium Filet Mignon Steaks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until the briquets are consistently ashed over.
- While the grill is heating, combine the spice rub ingredients. Spice rub can be made a day in advance, if desired.
- Rub filet mignons generously with spice rub on all sides. Brush each steak with 1 tablespoon olive oil on each side and place on grill.
- Close grill lid, allowing steaks to brown for several minutes before turning and closing the lid again. Grill steaks to an internal temperature of 130 degrees F for medium rare.
- Recipe created by Chef Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House in Dallas on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.