Grilled Spicy Adobo Strip Steak Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
spicy adobo paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 5 cloves garlic roasted
- 5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons cloves freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground cinnamon (4 sticks)
compound butter sauce
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 3-4 tablespoons aromatic rub
- 4 10-ounce Walmart Choice Premium New York Strip Steaks
- In a small bowl, combine all Aromatic Rub ingredients, set aside.
- Rub approximately 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of the aromatic rub on each steak depending on size, set aside. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons of the rub for the compound butter sauce.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Combine Spicy Adobo Paste ingredients in a food processor and puree into a paste.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes on one side, baste with the spicy adobo paste, and flip. Baste the other side and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining Aromatic Rub with melted butter, pour over steak before serving.
- Recipe created by Johnny Hernandez of La Gloria in San Antonio on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.