Grilled Corn and Peach Salad with Queso Fresco Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado peeled,seeded,quartered
- 1 head frisee (or your favorite lettuce),chopped
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ears sweet corn shucked
- 4 fresh peaches or nectarines,pitted,sliced in half
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh mint chopped
- 6 ounces queso fresco
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Grill the corn for 7-10 minutes over medium heat turning every two minutes until kernels start to soften, remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Grill the peaches and onions for about 4-5 minutes on each side, remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the corn from the cob, slice the peaches and onions. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lettuce, mint, cilantro, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Grill the Queso Fresco over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove and crumble.
- Serve the salad over the avocado slices and garnish with the crumbled cheese.
- Recipe created by Johnny Hernandez of La Gloria in San Antonio on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.