Grilled Corn and Peach Salad with Queso Fresco Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 1 head Frisee (or your favorite lettuce), chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 4 fresh peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced in half
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 6 ounces Queso Fresco
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Grill the corn for 7-10 minutes over medium heat turning every two minutes until kernels start to soften, remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Grill the peaches and onions for about 4-5 minutes on each side, remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the corn from the cob, slice the peaches and onions. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lettuce, mint, cilantro, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Grill the Queso Fresco over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove and crumble.
- Serve the salad over the avocado slices and garnish with the crumbled cheese.
- Recipe created by Johnny Hernandez of La Gloria in San Antonio on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.