Grilled Potato Salad Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, sliced onion rig style
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, cut in half and deseeded
- 4 large potatoes, diced into medium pieces
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
potato rub seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine salad dressing ingredients, set aside and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, combine potato rub seasoning ingredients, set aside.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, sweet yellow onions, jalapeño peppers, potato rub seasoning and olive oil. Mix until ingredients are completely covered.
- Place mixture on a grill basket and grill until potatoes are fork tender, about 25 minutes. Cool mixture completely.
- Roughly chop the sweet yellow onions and jalapeño peppers. Mix all the ingredients with the salad dressing and serve.
- Recipe created by Daniel Nemec of Kirby’s Steakhouse in San Antonio, on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.