Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter Print this recipe
Cook time: 11 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 tablespoons (11/2sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 6 ears fresh corn, husk on
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until the briquets are consistently ashed over.
- While the grill is heating, pull the husk back from the corn, leaving them attached at the base. Pull off and discard silks.
- Beat together the butter and remaining ingredients except for salt and pepper. Spread 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture on each ear of corn. Sprinkle the corn with salt and pepper. Pull the husk up around the corn and tie tightly with kitchen twine.
- Grill the corn 6 minutes, turning once. Close the cover on the grill and cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove corn from grill with tongs, carefully pull back the corn husks halfway and serve on a platter.
- Recipe created by Chef Ronnie Killen of Killen’s Steakhouse in Houston on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.