Grilled Ribeye with Jalapeno Pesto Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
grilled jalapeno pesto
- lemon zest, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 cups packed parsley, stems removed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups basil, chopped
- Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a blender, add the jalapeno peppers, parsley, basil, garlic, shallot, pine nuts, pecorino cheese and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Puree. Once the mixture is pureed, add the remaining olive oil, continue to puree until mixture is combined. Add salt, pepper and lemon zest to taste.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks until desired doneness is achieved.
- To serve, coat each steak with grilled jalapeno pesto.
- Recipe created by Chef Bryan Caswell of REEF Restaurant in Houston on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.