Grilled Ribeye with Jalapeno Pesto Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
grilled jalapeno pesto
- lemon zest to taste
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 shallot minced
- 1¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts toasted
- ¼ cup pecorino cheese grated
- 2 cups packed parsley stems removed
- 2 jalapeno peppers roasted,skinned,seeded,chopped
- 2 cups basil chopped
- Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a blender, add the jalapeno peppers, parsley, basil, garlic, shallot, pine nuts, pecorino cheese and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Puree. Once the mixture is pureed, add the remaining olive oil, continue to puree until mixture is combined. Add salt, pepper and lemon zest to taste.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks until desired doneness is achieved.
- To serve, coat each steak with grilled jalapeno pesto.
- Recipe created by Chef Bryan Caswell of REEF Restaurant in Houston on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.