Grilled Ribeye with Everglades Rub Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 head roasted garlic (roast garlic in oven, until golden brown, and soft to mash)
- 1 teaspoon coffee ground
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Everglades seasoning (available at Walmart)
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Combine all dry rub ingredients. Set aside.
- Rub steak with 1 ounce garlic paste on front and back. To prevent burning, do not get garlic paste on bone.
- Divide dry rub seasoning for four steaks and thoroughly rub each steak and place in GLAD® food storage container in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. This can be done up to one day in advance, or longer if you prefer.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator.
- Put steaks on the grill and leave in one position on direct heat for 4 -5 minutes, rotating to get nice grill marks and even flavor profile. If you follow this timeline, that size steak should be a perfect medium rare.
- Recipe created by Chef Eric Lackey of Flamestone American Grill in Oldsmar, Fla. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.