Coca-Cola© Balsamic Marinated Bermuda Onion Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 12-ounce can Coca-Cola®
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 jumbo red Bermuda onions
- 2-3 cups hot water
- Leave ends on onion (can trim) and cut in half. Peel away paper-like skin. Place in GLAD® food storage container.
- Mix Coca-Cola and vinegar. Pour soda-vinegar mixture into food storage container with onion. Add as much hot water as needed to submerge onions. Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Remove food storage container with onion in soda-vinegar mixture from refrigerator.
- Find nice medium heat and grill onion 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Before removing from grill, find hot spot to char onion and caramelize natural sugars for a few minutes to finish.
- Recipe created by Chef Eric Lackey of Flamestone American Grill in Oldsmar, Fla. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.