Pomegranate Glazed Filet Mignon with Harissa Steak Sauce Print this recipe
Cook time: 45 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
harissa steak sauce
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 2 tablespoons chives minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or cider vinegar
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Filet Mignon Steaks
- In a medium sauce pan, combine pomegranate glaze ingredients and cook over medium heat, reduce mixture by 30 percent. Then strain and cool the mixture, set aside.
- Toast the caraway seeds, coriander seeds, cumin and garlic powder in a dry pan until fragrant. Add remaining Harissa Steak Sauce ingredients, except the chives and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and let cool. Stir chives into finished sauce and set aside for serving with finished steak.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks over a medium high fire until lightly charred on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip the steak and baste with the pomegranate glaze. After an additional 2 minutes of cooking baste the steak again. Dispose of any leftover glaze.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest covered for 6 minutes.
- Serve the steak with a side of the Harissa Steak Sauce.
- Recipe created by Chad Johnson of Bern’s Steak House in Tampa, Fla. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©