Grilled Sweet Pepper Rellenos Print this recipe
Cook time: 25 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup dried apricots diced
- 1 ear sweet corn shucked
- 12 mini, sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 8 ounces chevre or other soft goat cheese
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Grill peppers for 7-10 minutes over a medium fire until lightly charred on all sides, place peppers in a bowl and wrap with plastic wrap, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Char corn on the grill over high heat until moderately charred, remove and cool, remove corn kernels from the cob.
- Mix the goat cheese, charred corn, apricots, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit in the side of each pepper and gently scrap out the seeds. Fill each pepper with the goat cheese mixture until full.
- Return stuffed peppers to the grill and cook over medium heat until the goat cheese is warm and soft.
- Recipe created by Chad Johnson of Bern’s Steak House in Tampa, Fla. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.