Grilled Broccolini with Tamarind Onion Marmalade Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pound broccolini
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sherry or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- To make the marmalade, bring vinegar to a boil. Mix in tamarind paste. Bring to low heat to keep warm.
- In a hot skillet add vegetable oil and diced onions, stirring occasionally until onions are caramelized.
- Stir tamarind paste and vinegar mixture, strain. Add the strained liquid, sugar and thyme to caramelized onions.
- Cook the marmalade on medium heat until most the liquid has evaporated and onions appear translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the broccolini in olive oil and season with salt.
- Place broccolini on grill and grill until soft and cooked through.
- Plate your broccolini and top with the warm marmalade.
- Recipe created by Chef Gregory True of Red Fish Grill in Miami on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.