Char-grilled Vegetables with Arugula-Orange Pesto Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 large fennel bulb quartered
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, halved
- 1 red onion peeled, quartered, cut in half again
- 1 tablespoon pure orange oil
- 1 yellow onion quartered, cut in half again
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup blended oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- Place arugula, cheese, pumpkin seeds and garlic in a food processor and begin to process. Slowly pour in olive oil until the pesto is creamy. Continue to process and slowly add orange oil. Season with salt and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- Brush all vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Begin by cooking the bell pepper for 2 minutes then add the onion and tomatoes and cook, while turning occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the diced zucchini and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove all vegetables and place on a serving platter with the pesto.
- Recipe created by Erik Sierra of Red Fish Grill in Miami on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.