Grilled Ribeye with Red Wine Glaze Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 8 hours
red wine barbecue sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup red wine
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid smoke
red wine marinade
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups Red Wine Bar-B-Q Sauce (recipe follows)
- ¾ cup Red Wine Marinade (recipe follows)
- 4 8-ounce Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade until well blended. Add the filets and toss until well coated. Let the steaks marinate covered for 1 hour.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, cumin and chipotle pepper powder. Stir for 2 minutes. Add the red wine and stir for another 2 minutes. Add the ketchup, vinegar, sweet soy sauce and liquid smoke and lower temperature and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel (to prevent any flare ups on the grill.)
- Recipe created by Erik Sierra of Red Fish Grill in Miami on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©.