Grilled Chicken Print this recipe
Cook time: 40 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¾ cup Spanish paprika
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Redwood Creek Chardonnay
- 1 ounce hickory smoke salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted, ground ginger rub
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup black pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons onion powder
- In a large bowl combine broth, wine, garlic, onion powder, black pepper and ginger. Whisk together until well blended. Place leg quarters into a gallon size zip lock bag then add broth mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Flip bag every half hour to an hour.
- When chicken is done marinating place on a plate, sprinkle the rub on the chicken and let set for a few minutes before you grill.
- Chicken should be grilled until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- This Chicken is good with just the rub or you can add Redwood Creek California BBQ Sauce to the finished product.
- Redwood Creek Winery