Apricot & Pinot Grigio Cornish Hens Print this recipe
Cook time: 1 1/4 hours Prep time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup apricot spreadable fruit
- ½ teaspoon shredded lime peel
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cedar plank
- 1 fresh Serrano chili pepper seeded,finely minced
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Cornish game hens 1 ¼ - 1 ½ pounds each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ½ cups Redwood Creek Pinot Grigio
- Soak cedar plank in 2 cups of wine.
- In a medium cast iron skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over indirect heat until tender. Combine onion mixture, fruit, chili pepper, lime peel, lime juice and wine. Cook until glaze thickens. Set aside
- For a charcoal grill, place plank on uncovered grill rack over medium coals until plank begins to crackle and smoke. Place hens on plank. Season with salt and pepper. Cover grill for 25 minutes.
- Carefully spoon glaze over hens. Cover grill, cook hens for 25-35 minutes more or until no longer pink (165°F). Glaze hens once more. Remove from grill and serve.
- Redwood Creek Winery