Grilled Leg of Lamb Print this recipe
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 Boneless leg of lamb (4-5 pounds)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon roughly chopped rosemary
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together well.Place leg of lamb of lamb in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once marinated prepare the grill for two zone cooking. Remove the lamb from the marinade, pat dry and re-season generously with salt and pepper. Place lamb on the hottest portion of the grill, turning frequently until the exterior is evenly charred. Move lamb to the cooler portion of the grill, cover grill and allow to cook until desired internal temperature is reached*. Rest the meat for 10 minutes to allow the internal juices to settle, slice and serve topped with lemon slices.
- * Note: I tend to cook my lamb to medium rare, removing it from the grill at 140 degrees as it will tend to continue heating another 5-10 degrees while resting.
- Recipe by Clint Cantwell