Grilled Bayou BBQ Shrimp Print this recipe
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp in the shell
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning such as Tony Chachere’s
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Place shrimp on skewers, season with Cajun dry rub and set aside. Prepare grill for direct grilling over high heat. Place a cast iron pan directly on the grates and add the butter, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Once the butter has melted, add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and hot sauce and stir.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp skewers on a separate portion of the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they begin to turn pink. Remove from skewers and place in the butter mixture, stirring to coat well. Close the lid on the grill and allow shrimp to simmer approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and mound shrimp in a bowl, spoon the sauce over shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Recipe by Clint Cantwell