Crunchy Grilled Shrimp Po Boy with Remoulade Sauce Print this recipe
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups bread crumbs, seasoned
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with salt and pepper or favorite seasoning mix 3 eggs, beaten
- Italian loaf or submarine roll
- Remoulade Sauce (recipe below)
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3 tablesppons catsup
- Dash of Worcestershire
- Hot Sauce to taste
- Preheat grill to approximately 350 degrees. Toss shrimp in flour, remove and shake off excess. Coat in egg mixture. Remove and toss in bread crumbs. Remove and place breaded shrimp directly on grill and close lid. After approximately 3 minutes, shrimp coating should be slightly browned and crisp. Flip, then rotate approximately everY 45 seconds until completely browned and crisp, roughly 6 minutes. Meanwhile, toast bread on grill, remove and slice.
- Remove shrimp from grill, place approximately 6-8 shrimp in roll. Top with lettuce, tomato and remoulade sauce.
- Remoulade Sauce Instructions:
- Mix well and chill in fridge until ready to use.
- Recipe by Clint Cantwell