Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pineapple Print this recipe
- 1 bag frozen mixed berries
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup orange liquor
- 1/4 cup cherry juice, apple juice or water
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Spice Guy Radical Rub*
- In a zip top storage bag add pineapple, liquor and sugar. Allow to soak for 1 hour. Remove and pat pineapple dry. Coat liberally with rub and grill over medium high heat until caramelized, approximately 5 minutes per side. Meanwhile in a pan over medium heat, add mixed frozen berries and juice. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes and brush pineapple with berry juice.
- * A blend of cinnamon, sugar and a touch of chipotle powder works well too!
- Recipe by Clint Cantwell