Grilled Wild Cherry and Goat Cheese Poppers Print this recipe
- ¼ cup wild cherry preserves
- 24-36 Peppadew sweet piquante peppers
- 6 slices thick cut bacon cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 10.5 oz package goat cheese
- Place peppers onto a disposable aluminum half pan. Blend goat cheese and cherry preserves until smooth. Place into a piping bag (a gallon zip top storage bag with a corner removed works as well), snip off the end and pipe mixture into the center of each pepper until full. Top each with a strip of bacon.
- Meanwhile heat grill to medium, adding a chunk of fruit wood such as cherry for additional flavor. Once heated, trays of peppers and close lid. Allow to cook untouched for approximately 45 minutes until bacon has browned and crisped. Remove, cool and plate.
- Recipe by Clint Cantwell