Barbecued Bloody Mary Print this recipe
Cook time: 1 hour Prep time: 35 minutes
Barbecued Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 teaspoons crushed chipotle peppers
- 1 ounce molasses
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces beef stock
- 2 ounces smoked lemon juice
- 1 750 milliliters Four Roses Bourbon *,Barbecued Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 cups coarse salt
- 2 jalapeños
- 6 lemons
- To create a Barbecued Bloody Mary, run sliced smoked lemon wedge around the lip of a Collins glass. Dip and twist glass lip in smoked salt to rim the glass. Combine 4 ounces of Barbecued Bloody Mary Mix and 2 ounces of Four Roses Bourbon into glass. Garnish with smoked lemon wedge and thick jalapeño slice.
- * Four Roses Yellow Label 80 Proof, Four Roses Single Barrel 100 Proof or Four Roses Small Batch 90 Proof
- Recipe created by Josh Perry, Picán restaurant (Oakland, Calif.) mixologist, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
- To begin, build a fire using Kingsford® charcoal for indirect cooking. To do this, build a two-zone fire by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void.
- Thinly spread course salt on a disposable aluminum pan or aluminum foil. Place on the grill, over indirect heat (void side of grill) and cover for at least 1 hour. Let cool to room temperature and store in sealed GLAD® container.
- Next, create the smoked lemon juice for the Barbecue Bloody Mary Mix. Cut lemons in half along the equator and place halves on a disposable aluminum pan or aluminum foil. Place on the void side of the grill for at least 30 minutes with the lid covered, making sure to keep grill temperature at 225°F. For tips on controlling grill temperatures visit grilling.com. Remove from grill and let cool. Juice cooled lemons until 2 ounces of juice is produced to use for Barbecued Bloody Mary Mix. Reserve remaining smoked lemons to cut for garnish and to use for rimming glasses with smoked salt.
- While lemons are cooling, cut jalapeños into thick slides and place on the grill, turning once, until both sides are flame kissed – 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Combine Barbecued Bloody Mary Mix ingredients into a large GLAD® container and mix well. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.