Grilled Flank Steak Quesadillas Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado peeled, chopped
- 1 large red onion thickly sliced into ½ inch rings, (fastened with a skewer)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 pound lean flank steak
- ½ cup Jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 poblano peppers stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Mix the smoked paprika, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Liberally rub steaks with the paprika mixture and chill uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, green onion and lime juice, stir until completely blended. Chill covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal. Place steaks on the grill with poblano peppers and red onions. Grill steaks for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until they reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook peppers and onions until they are softened and slightly charred.
- Once steaks are cooked, remove from grill and let the meat rest for 5 minutes covered before slicing. Top 4 of the tortillas with sliced steak, grilled pepper slices, red onions, sour cream mixture and cheese. Place a tortilla on top to cover.
- With a large spatula, carefully place the tortillas on the grill for a minute or two. Turn the tortilla over and cook for another minute. Cut the tortillas into wedges and serve topped with avocado and lime wedges.
- Recipe created by football analyst, Mike Golic on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.