KC Masterpiece® Giddy-Up Chicken Sliders with Spicy Dill Pickles Print this recipe
Cook time: 5 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 package dinner rolls
- 1 package Tyson®,boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
- 16 ounces dill pickle chips
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Halve each chicken breast lengthwise to make cutlets.
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Liberally apply the mix to both sides of the cutlets.
- Place pickles in a bowl, keeping the jar and discarding the juice. Add sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic.
- Stir and let stand until the sugar dissolves. Place the mixture back into the pickle jar and refrigerate until needed. (Can be made in advance and keeps for one month in refrigeration.)
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal.
- Once grill reaches 350°F, grill chicken directly over the hot coals for 2-3 minutes per side (or until the internal temperature reaches 165°Fand the center of the chicken is no longer pink).
- In a small saucepan, heat the KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce until warm, about 5-10 minutes. Remove cutlets from the grill and dip them in the sauce.
- Assemble the sliders by slicing the dinner rolls, placing the chicken on the roll, and topping with spicy dill pickles. Spear with a toothpick and serve.
- *This recipe can use pork tenderlion as a substitute for chicken breast.