Southern Ground Smothered Filet with Asparagus Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
Boursin Bordelaise Ingredients
- 1 ounce Boursin cheese
- 1/2 cup demi-glace
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (substitute traditional breadcrumbs if panko is unavailable)
- 3 pounds filet mignon, cut into 6 even slices, each about 2-inches thick
- 6 ounces Boursin cheese
- 6 slices thickly cut peppered bacon
- 6 small bamboo skewers
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal.
- In a small bowl, add the cheese and panko breadcrumbs and stir until well blended. With a sharp knife, cut a pocket about an inch deep into each slice of beef and stuff each pocket with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each slice of filet mignon with a strip of bacon and fasten with a skewer. Grill each steak over medium heat for 4 or 6 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit is reached. Then, remove the steaks from the grill and let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the filets are cooking on the grill, prepare the Boursin Bordelaise by melting the butter in saucepan over medium heat. Then, add the shallots to the pan and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the shallots have wilted. Pour the wine in the pan, and stir for 1 or 2 minutes or until well blended. Add the demi-glace and Boursin and stir.
- Let the mixture reduce for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Recipe created by Southern Ground Executive Chef Rusty Hamlin on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and inspired by the Zac Brown Band 2011 concert tour.
- Southern Ground Executive Chef Rusty Hamlin