Grilled Georgia Peaches with Mascarpone Custard Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup ginger snaps crushed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 2¼ cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 ripe peaches pitted,cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk and sugar, and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 4 to 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the vanilla. Stir some of the hot milk into the egg yolks. Then, add the entire egg mixture into the remaining milk mixture. Continue to cook the milk mixture, stirring, until it has thickened considerably, about 5 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, fold the mascarpone into the custard and stir until smooth. Chill covered for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir the nectar together with the brandy.
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal. Once the grill is finished preheating, grill the peaches for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove the peaches from the grill and place into serving cups.
- Top each of the peach servings with some of the custard, drizzle with syrup, and top with crushed ginger snaps.
- Recipe created by Southern Ground Executive Chef Rusty Hamlin on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and inspired by the Zac Brown Band 2011 concert tour.
- Southern Ground Executive Chef Rusty Hamlin