Low and Slow Southern-Style Pork Ribs Print this recipe
Cook time: 3 1/2 hours Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Southern-Style Barbecue Sauce
- 2 slabs baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon dry rub mix (below)
- ¼ cup apple jelly
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Remove the membrane from the back of the rib slabs. In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well. Reserve one tablespoon of the rub for the liquid seasoning mixture. Generously apply the dry rub onto the front and back sides of the ribs.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking with Kingsford® charcoal. Add a small aluminum pan to the void side of the grill and fill in halfway with water. When the charcoal grill reaches 250°F, place ribs meat-side up on the grill grate and cook over indirect heat for two hours and 15 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the grill. Place each slab meat-side down on its own doubled aluminum foil square. Mix the liquid seasoning in a small bowl. Pour ½ cup of the liquid over each slab. Then, tightly wrap and seal each slab with aluminum foil. Place the wrapped ribs back in cooker for one hour at 250°F.
- Remove the ribs from the charcoal grill and discard foil. Brush KC Masterpiece® Southern-Style Barbecue Sauce on both sides of the ribs. Place the ribs back on the grill for 15 minutes, or until sauce caramelizes.